Saturday, July 9, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Pudding

I have all but kicked my sugar addiction to the curb but I still crave chocolate nearly every day (sometimes all throughout the day!). I usually keep a couple of organic dark chocolate bars in the pantry that I can nibble on but last night my husband beat me to it and polished off the last of them. So I decided to give this a try:

1 lb silken tofu 
1/2 cup soy milk (I used almond because that's what I had, but next time I want to try coconut milk)
3/4 cup coco powder (I used a scant 2/3 cup and it was still way to much; maybe just 1/2 cup next time)
6 TBSP sugar (I used 2 dates, but it wasn't sweet enough, so I added some maple syrup; I do want to master the art of using dates as a sweetener in blended recipes)
Put everything in the blender. That's it!

So, at the end of it I had a very altered recipe (huh, when do I not?), but it was GOOD! Other than being a little too heavy on the chocolate and having a slight hint of the almond milk flavor, I will definitely give this another try! And the family LOVED it! Of course, I didn't tell them it was made with tofu, hee hee!


Oh, and sorry no pictures...it was gone too fast :D

No comments:

Post a Comment