Monday, July 11, 2011

"Alfredo" sauce

I brought my leftover cashew cream sauce to mom's house and tonight we had spaghetti. The boys don't particularly like red sauce so I wanted to try making this alfredo sauce with the cashew cream sauce as a base. So, starting with a little less than a regular batch of the cashew cream sauce, I:

Heated 1 TBSP olive oil on low. Added about 2 cloves of garlic and sauteed for about 2 minutes. Added the cashew sauce, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, salt, pepper and some coconut oil. It was delish!!! It was pretty thick upon cooling and next time I'd add some kind of unsweetened milk (almond or coconut would be good) and would do without the coconut oil. I'm quite surprised how much it really did taste like alfredo sauce, just without all the saturated fat!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I just found your blog through babycenter crunchy group! I'm starting a recipe link-party next weekend for nutritious and simple meals for families and kdis. I hope you'll stop by the blog and check it out. Would love if you'd share some of your great info! It will be live on Saturday. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete