Friday, July 8, 2011

Homemade ramen

So, I call this "ramen" because it satisfies my craving for the packaged stuff I grew up on, minus all the funky ingredients I cannot pronounce. There are many ways to make this vegetable+noodle soup but this is what I did last night:

Boiled one small package of soba noodles (enough for one serving). These cook in 5 minutes, then I drained them and added 2 cups of vegetable broth into the pot, along with about 1 1/2 cups of chopped veggies. Suggestions (any combination of the following):
kale, spinach, bok choy or similar greens, chopped
carrots
onions
scallions
garlic
mushrooms
broccoli
snow peas
peas
zucchini
bamboo shoots, baby corn or other asian-type veggies
red pepper flakes!!!

I cooked the veggies in the broth, then added about 1 TBSP sesame oil and about 1/3 cup tofu cubes (all I had on hand was silken, but I would have preferred firm; the boys ate it, though!). I added the noodles back, turned the heat off and put the lid on it to warm everything together but not cook it anymore.

Yum! Ty even asked for seconds!

No comments:

Post a Comment